Emergency Kits are required to be sent and stored at school for each Weaver student. Each year, the PTA offers a sale of Emergency kits that are pre-made with all the required items listed below. Emergency kits are available through Brick by Brick and will be delivered to your child's classroom in August the first week of school. Kits have a shelf-life of 5 years, so if you order one for your kindergartener, the same kit can be used until the end of the 4th-grade year.
If you choose to purchase your own supplies, make sure you send the supplies listed below to school in a one-gallon zip-lock bag for your child's own personal survival kit. This kit will be returned to you at the end of the school year. This procedure allows us to have food at the school, which is rotated yearly. Please be sure that your child's full name is clearly marked on the bag.
Items for the zip-lock bag are:
(2) 8 Oz. Canned Fruit Juice with Pop Top and/or (2) Water Packs
(2) 4-1/2 Oz. Canned Fruit with Pop Top
(2) 3 Oz. Cans Tuna or Other Canned Lunch Meat with Pop Top
(2) Peanut Butter or Cheese and Cracker-Type Snack Packages
(2) Granola Bars
(2) Plastic Spoons
(1) Package of Tissues
(6) Individually Wrapped Moist Towelettes
(1) Solar Blanket (Optional-- Available at sporting goods stores.)
(1) Miniature Flashlight with Batteries Wrapped Separately (Optional)
A Note to Your Child from Home, Including a Family Picture
It would be wise to check the expiration dates on foodstuffs for shelf life. Storage inside classrooms is limited and prohibits anything larger than a one-gallon zip-lock bag. If your child requires a specific prescription daily, please contact the school health clerk.