COLOR RUN JOG-A-THON
Wednesday, September 25, 2019
The Jog-A-Thon is one of PTA's 3 main fundraisers this year (PTA Patron Donations, Weaver Carnival, and Jog-A-Thon).
PTA supports many amazing programs for Weaver students that are not funded by the school (see Jog-a-thon FAQs below for complete list). Did you know, it takes $200 per student to fund all of these programs! Participation in Jog-A-Thon fundraising is optional, but we highly encourage all students to participate to support all of the programs funded by PTA!
How does it work? Students will earn money for Weaver by getting pledges from family & friends, and by running laps at school on September 25th. Students will have 15 minutes to run as many laps as possible around a 1/10th of a mile track. Each student will receive a Weaver Color Run Jog-A-Thon T-Shirt. There will be water distributed throughout the course and each student will receive a popsicle at the end. Participants can get pledges from family, friends, neighbors or businesses.
How do I get Pledges? It’s easy to ask friends and family in person or online! Register at https://pledgestar.com/weaver and follow the simple steps. It takes just minutes to set up your child’s fundraising page to request pledges online or you can use the offline pledge form.
Prizes will be given out for requesting donations and raising money!
Jog-A-Thon Online Participation Prizes*:
- Enter 3 names and emails at pledgestar.com/weaver by September 13, and get a homework pass
- Enter 10 names and emails by September 20, get a Harry Potter Frog at our carnival on October 25 and the chance to win a FREE Carnival wristband (one winner per grade level)!!
- ALL participating students will receive a FREE Color Run Jog-A-Thon T-shirt!
- The Grade level with the highest percentage participation will get to have one extra recess! (teacher decides the day)
- $25 raised earns you Weaver Mechanical Pencil!
- $50 raised earns the above plus a free ticket to the amazing skateboarding show performed by Skatedogs!
- $125 raised earns the above plus a Weaver Color Run Jog-A-Thon Crew Socks!
- $250 or more raised earns the above plus a Pizza Party with Dr. Schmidt at lunchtime!
Individual Grand Prizes:
- The top money earner for each grade will earn a special breakfast before school starts, including donuts, with Dr. Schmidt and can invite a friend.
- This year we would like to raise $30,000. If every student raises $42, we can achieve our goal! If we meet our first fundraising goal of $30,000, Dr. Schmidt will have five minutes to bob for apples at Flag Ceremony, Friday, October 4th! How many apples can he get?!
- If we reach $45,000, Dr. Schmidt will dress up like a punk rock star for an entire day at school on Friday, October 18th!
- If we reach $60,000, Dr. Schmidt will dress up as a superhero and ride a tricycle throughout the Weaver Halloween parade!
* Participation prizes are earned per family. If a family registers multiple students and sends 3-10 emails total, each student will get participation credit.
** Individual prize levels are based on money earned per student, not per family.
** Prize levels are cumulative. For example, if you raise at least $125 you will earn the $125, $50, and $25 prizes.
We need volunteers!! If you would like to volunteer the day of the Jog-A-Thon by being an emcee, leading the warm-up, cheering on the kids, passing out waters, cooling off the kids with water toys or with set up or take down, please contact Beth Stuart.
Why are we raising money? Your support allows the PTA to continue to fund many of the great programs and events at our school. Did you know it takes about $200 per student per year to run our PTA and fund all the amazing extra programs and support activities at Weaver? With your help every child will benefit. Some examples of the costs of PTA programs per student are below.
- Field Trips: $17 per student
- Winko’s copiers and supplies: $21 per student
- Take home minder binders & folders for all students: $4 per student
- Recess Equipment: $4 per student
- Art Program, Meet the Masters: $6 per student
- Class Act Music Program: $7 per student
- Assemblies & outside presenters: $4 per student
- Reading Incentive Program: $3 per student
- Ambassadors: $15 per student
- Teacher Appreciation & Hospitality: $5 per student
- And more… other amazing programs and events include Summer Jam, Media Center support, Reading Garden, Reflections Art contest, 5th Grade promotion, Outdoor Science School, First Day photos, Whale Mail, Red Ribbon Week, Classroom parties, Talent Show, Teacher Development, School wide emergency supplies...
- Friday, February 28
- Tuesday, March 3
- Thursday, March 5
- Friday, March 6
- Monday, March 9
- Tuesday, March 10
- Wednesday, March 11